To find dog breeders in your area

In my county alone there are four pounds. Each takes in approx. 32 animals each day. That’s 132 animals coming into the pounds DAILY. They almost have to euthanize them as fast as they come in because there aren’t enough cages or homes for them all. And you want to encourage MORE breeding?! Grow up. There are thousands of dogs that fit your criteria. Give one a good home.

I am interested in getting a dog, probably a Chihuahua or some mix of one.I have looked online but I can’t find anything about specific locations of breeders.

I live in the Los Angeles area, so if anyone know a website or some other way of finding out about breeders please let me know.
I’ve already been to the shelters near me but I’m interested in getting a 4-5 month old puppy anyway.

This entry was posted in Dogs and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to To find dog breeders in your area

1. ? !Jacqueline! ? says:

Just be careful when you find one that it’s not from an irresponsible breeder. (Puppy mill..Backyard breeder).

2. psycho sid vicious fan says:

There are a lot of Chihuahua and Chihuahua mixs in shelters near you. You should consider adoption instead of breeder.
    You’ll be saving a life and money, too.=&pet.Size=S&pet.Sex=&location=Los+Angeles%2C+CA

edit.
    The puppy in the second link that needs a home is younger than 4-5 months old.

3. H Chihuahua says:

chihuahuas are great! BUT…they are a very complicated breed. do your reserch! you can always get a puppy shiped to you but it is defanatly better if you can meet face to face with a breeder. go to google and type in chihuahua breeders in ______ L.A.
    hope i helped!
    ps: have you seen any movie stars walkin around yet? LOL

4. D says:

Oh puh-leeze! Don’t encourage more breeding. There are many, many dogs available at the local Animal Control/Humane Society or rescue organizations. You have already indicated it could be a mix so why go to a breeder?

5. Rachel - Pit Police Captain says:

If you don’t mind a mix, than skip the breeder and go straight to petfinder.com There are at least 2000 mixes and purebreds waiting to find good homes.

6. leolana32 says:

has an extensive database of breeders.

And don’t for one minute let that guy make you think that by going to a breeder you’re promoting what happens in shelters.

7. Poms4Life says:

Chihuahua club of america.

Make sure the breeder checks for genetic conditions and breeds to better the breed.

8. jess q says: